Hello and welcome to an exciting instalment of my vegan adventure. Last week, after being paid from my part time supermarket job, I was feeling RICH and decided that I should reward myself by visiting some of my favourite places in Glasgow. I was expecting to be challenged as normally I am not as restricted on what I can and can't order, although as previously mentioned I have followed a strict vegetarian diet for around ten years (apart from beef gravy at Christmas as a treat).
Byeeeee
My first stop was Mikaku and I was so excited. Mikaku has been one of my faves since it took over from Ramen Dayo, and everything about it is just stunning from the decor to the food. Me and friend both ordered the vegetable gyoza and the vegan tantanmen, and I could not recommend either highly enough. The highlight of the trip was the two cocktails we ordered- 'the Tokyo tea party' and 'the botanist tea party.' Honestly, if you don't know get to know. Compliments to the chef.
My next stop was Yo Sushi! Obviously I have a type. Throughout September, Yo Sushi decided to continue the government's 'Eat Out to Help Out' scheme and offer half price food. I love a bargain so I thought why not. Here I ordered their pumpkin katsu curry and vegetable gyoza. I had never tried pumpkin as I had always opted for the tofu, but in an attempt to broaden my horizons (and because the tofu curry wasn't a part of the deal) I decided to try it. I was so pleasantly surprised and loved its sweet taste. 10/10 would order again.
My third and final stop was to Paesano. A classic. I jumped on the subway to get a change of scenery and visited the Great Western road branch. I ordered a number 1 (tomato, garlic, oregano, and extra virgin olive oil) and my unsupportive boyfriend ordered a number 4 (spicy salami AND cheese- which is just insensitive). I feel like Paesano is just so consistent and you know that whatever you order will taste amazing. I don't know if I like pizza as much without cheese but I still had a great experience.
Overall, I am so impressed with all the places I visited last week and I am happy with everything I ordered. When I went vegetarian all those years ago I found myself being very limited in terms of what I could order and found that most places were not very accessible to those following a plant based diet. Things are so much better now! I hope you enjoyed this post and found it somewhat interesting. Come again next time to read a truly thrilling post about me rating the different free from products I can find at the supermarket!
Eleanor x



Love this Eleanor! Defo add toppings in paesanos next time (mushroom, roasted red pepper and aubergine do the trick so nicely!) xxxx
ReplyDelete