Skip to main content

Vegeleanor- Q&A

Vegeleanor- Deals Are Her Art-form


Hello everyone and welcome back to Vegeleanor. I hope you have all had a lovely week. My week has consisted of working 900 hours, watching flavor of love, and eating meal deals. I have been searching far and wide (from the Gallowgate to Argyle Street) to find my favourite and most value for money vegan meal deal. I have only rated four because I am currently struggling financially after buying lots of silly things that I have seen on Tiktok. Also, I know some of you have been absolutely outraged (actually just Laura) that I didn't come to a solid conclusion in my last blog post. After thinking long and hard, I have decided that Greggs was my favourite. Anyway lets move on. 


Morrisons 

As we all know, I am HBIC at Morrisons, and I usually have amazing things to say about everything they have to offer me. However, this week I am furious. I just found the choices to be so poor and limited. Initially I had high hopes as I had it on good authority that Morrisons sold a pretend chicken wrap, so I was disappointed to find that the only vegan main in the wee fridge was vegan sushi. Feeling totally gutted, I moved on to find a snack. My choice was either a fruit pot or two hard boiled eggs, so I did what any good vegan would do and took the fruit pot. For my drink I chose Diet Coke, which was daft because I don't even like it and would've enjoyed a naked smoothie much more. I'm now going to rate each individual component. 

Sushi- Surprisingly very nice. It was the vegan hosomaki and was made up of 12 little pieces. Drowned them in soy sauce. Stunning. 10/10 would buy again. 

Fruit pot- I'll just say it wasn't the freshest. I'll leave it at that. I won't say anything else. 0/10. 

Diet Coke- I don't even like it.  3/10. 

Overall score- 5/10. Morrisons you have let me down so much. 

Price- £3

I will say however, maybe this rating is so poor because I went a bit later on in the day and behaved like a clown by picking a drink that I don't like. 


Boots 

This week, Vegeleanor joined Instagram and instantly shot to fame. She now has a following of 470 so if next weeks blog post is about discounted teeth whitening strips worry about yourself. Anyway, I was talking to some of my new vegan friends about their favourite meal deals and everyone seemed to love the options at Boots. So off I went. I have to say I was impressed. I picked up the vegan turkey sandwich, a banana Soreen cake, and an Alpro almond latte. Let's rate the individual parts. 

Vegan no turkey sandwich- Absolutely lovely. Consisted of soy protein, vegan stuffing, and cranberry sauce. Would definitely have this again and now I'm ready to deck the halls. 10/10

Banana Soreen- A nice little cake. Strange consistency but enjoyable all the same. 7/10

Alpro almond latte- This is how its done! Perfect! 10/10

Price £3.39


Tesco

Another popular suggestion was Tesco. A few people had recommended the vegan hoisin wrap so I began my search. I found the wrap in Tesco on High St, which is a tiny store. I only actually picked up the wrap here because literally the only snack option was a boiled egg. Do people actually buy the boiled eggs? Do people think I really fancy a hard boiled egg? Lunacy. Let me know if you do. Anyway, the wrap had been reduced to £2.45 so I thought "perfect, that's a bargain, I'll leave the egg." I have to say I wasn't to mad on it. In the wrap was spinach (I think), soy protein, and hoisin sauce. I'm not too keen on hoisin sauce as it turns out so I only finished half. I'm going to have to rate Tesco a 4/10. I know it's a small store but invest in some more snack options I'm begging you. 


M&S

Firstly, I would like to confirm that buying from M&S is not a regular occurrence for me. I picked up 5 things and it came to a total of £16. Sixteen British Pounds. I genuinely nearly passed out from the shock, no one has that much disposable income. I will be exclusively shopping at Aldi for the foreseeable. Anyway, I was a bit upset to find out upon arriving at M&S that they do not offer a meal deal. I picked up a wee pretend tuna and (real) sweetcorn sandwich though because I had seen it all over Instagram and wanted to see what pretend tuna was all about. I was terrified to eat it but it was really lovely and I would definitely buy it again. M&S will be rated 7/10, but points have been taken off for price and not offering it as part of a deal. 


I have decided that my favourite meal deal was Boots'. Everything about it was just so nice. The sandwich was incredible. The snack wasn't a hard boiled egg. The Alpro coffee! I think Boots are doing such a great job and are offering a lot more to vegans than other stores at the moment. Absolutely fantastic, keep up the good work. 


Thank you for reading this post. I hope you have enjoyed me speaking about meal deals and I hope that I have inspired you to go out and get one. Treat yourself. Join me for my next post where I will talk about something. I'm not sure what it will be yet but I'm sure it will be very informative and exciting. 


Byeeeee 


Vegeleanor 



PS this is me eating my meal deal from Boots x :) 







Comments

  1. I love this! Unreal. Please remember me when you’re famous

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Vegeleanor- tour de supermarket

Hello and welcome back to my blog. Going out to eat is so last week- this week Vegeleanor is going to be staying home, saving lives, and cooking for herself (even if her 26 year old oven is holding her back from reaching her Bree Van de Kamp potential)! Throughout this blog post I am going to be discussing and rating the different free from, vegan friendly products that my local supermarkets have to offer- how exciting!  Morrisons  For those of you who don't already know, I am the CEO of Morrisons. You don't need to google it, just trust me. Such a title means that I receive a 15% discount in store, so this is where my experiment began.  Let's start with the hits. Firstly- the milk alternatives! I remember a couple of years ago you could only buy almond or coconut milk, but nowadays there is so much to chose from. I don't know what hemp milk is and I am not the biggest fan of cashew, so I opted for Morrisons' own brand oat milk. I must admit, it is a bit too sweet f...